Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm Baaaack


Whew, ok. It's been a seriously long time since I've written anything. This time I (sort of) have an excuse.

I flew to Philly about 2 months ago for the exciting  nerve-wracking process of defending my dissertation proposal. I flew in on a Sunday, defended Monday, and flew home. Short, and thankfully, sweet. I passed! I have some revisions to do (which still haven't been done) but I am finally moving on to another step in the PhD. process. Other than that, tons of subbing and some nice weather have kept me away from blogging in awhile.

In the meantime, I've been doing TONS of sewing. Like, lots. I'll hopefully be updating more frequently now as I got my camera to upload to the Mac. yay! So, without further ado, here's one of my projects from the last 3 months.

A simple, hexie pillow. I took these along with me to Philly and stitched away the day in the airport. I cannot believe how much I love this pillow.



 Most of the hexies were random scraps I found at Mel Trotter thrift store or leftover from my fairytale quilt, which I don't have pictures of so I'll remedy that.



 The purple border is Kona Cotton Crocus I think. The green border I forget, and the binding and back were bargain finds at Hobby Lobby. Finished at 16 x 16. My love of hexies was officially born with this pillow. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment